Rice Prawn made by Basmati or Sela chawal. Rice Prawn Recipes of Basmati Rice
- 300 gms Headless prawns (shelled) -600gms Bay Leaf - 2 nos Sliced Onion - ¼ cup Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp Fresh grated coconut -t 1 tbsp Coconut milk - 50 mls Lemon Juice -1 tsp Turmeric pd -½ tsp Green chilli -2 no Whole garam masala - 1 tsp Ghee/oil - 2 tbsp Salt - as per taste
1. Pick, wash and soak Basmati Rice for about 20
minutes. Drain and keep aside.
2. Shell, devein and wash prawns.
3. Heat Ghee or oil in a thick bottomed pan. Add bay leaves and Whole Garam
Masala. Let it crackle. Add sliced onion, sauté till the onion turns pink.
4. Add water, turmeric powder, lemon juice and green chilies slit into two.
Bring it to boil and add rice. Cook for a minute and add prawns and coconut
milk. Season with salt. Stir lightly.
5. Stir till rice absorbs all the water and then cover it with a lid and
cook it on a slow fire till rice and prawns are fully cooked.
6. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and grated fresh coconut.