- 300 gms
Headless prawns (shelled) -600gms
Bay Leaf - 2 nos
Sliced Onion - ¼ cup
Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp
Fresh grated coconut -t 1 tbsp
Coconut milk - 50 mls
Lemon Juice -1 tsp
Turmeric pd -½ tsp
Green chilli -2 no
Whole garam masala - 1 tsp
Ghee/oil - 2 tbsp
Salt - as per taste
1. Pick, wash and soak Basmati Rice for about 20 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
2. Shell, devein and wash prawns.
3. Heat Ghee or oil in a thick bottomed pan. Add bay leaves and Whole Garam Masala. Let it crackle. Add sliced onion, sauté till the onion turns pink.
4. Add water, turmeric powder, lemon juice and green chilies slit into two. Bring it to boil and add rice. Cook for a minute and add prawns and coconut milk. Season with salt. Stir lightly.
5. Stir till rice absorbs all the water and then cover it with a lid and cook it on a slow fire till rice and prawns are fully cooked.
6. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and grated fresh coconut.
Copyright © 2002-2018 Pakvisit Solutions. All rights reserved