Glaucoma: Get Rid of Glaucoma?
Glaucoma ( Kala Motia
in Urdu) is sometimes called the silent thief because it can slowly
steal your sight before you realize anything's wrong. It's a leading
cause of vision loss.
The most common form of glaucoma, primary open-angle glaucoma, develops
gradually, giving no warning signs. Many people aren't even aware they
have an eye problem until their vision is extensively compromised.
Glaucoma is not just one disease, but a group of them. The common
feature of these diseases is damage to the optic nerve, usually
accompanied by an abnormally high pressure inside your eyeball.
The optic nerve is a bundle of more than a million nerve fibers at the
back of your eye. It's like an electric cable made up of thousands of
individual wires carrying the images from the inside back wall of your
eyeball (retina) to your brain. Blind spots develop in your visual field
when the optic nerve deteriorates, usually starting with your peripheral
(side) vision. If left untreated, glaucoma may lead to blindness in both
Though deaths from asthma
do occur, they are mercifully rare. According to expert Elliott Pearl,
MD, only about 4,000 people a year die from asthma in the U.S., which
sounds like a lot until you take into account that 15 million people in
the U.S. suffer from the condition. Most of the people who die of the
disease do not have it under good control with available medication.
Pearl is an allergist and immunologist at ENTAAcare, a collection of
ear, nose, throat, allergy, and asthma specialists working in the
Annapolis-Baltimore, Md., area.
Make often during your
fertile period (the five days
leading up to ovulation). If
you've got the stamina to make
love at least every 48 hours, you
will ensure that there's
You must use natural path for eye health. Consuming good amount of apple and grapes helps in improving your eyesight.
- Carrots have good quantity of vitamin A which proves to be one of the useful natural treatment for enhancing your eyesight.
- Cucumber juice does wonders for your eyesight as it tries to improve it immensely.
- Addition of spinach in your diet is beneficial.It purifies your blood, increases the hemoglobin and improves your eyesight.
- Honey must be used daily , fresh milk, cheese, butter, tomatoes, lettuce, cabbage, soya beans, green peas, oranges and dates are good source of vitamin A include them in your diet.
- Almond is ideal for eyes; it strengthens the vision, and calm mental stress. Take 7 pieces a day with warm milk.
- You can mix some cardamom seeds with 1 tablespoon of honey. Eat daily.
Fortunately, medical advances have
made it easier to diagnose and
treat glaucoma. If detected and
treated early, glaucoma need not
cause even moderate vision loss.
But having glaucoma does mean
regular monitoring and treatment
for the rest of your life.
Symptoms of a heart attack include:
- discomfort, pressure,
heaviness, or pain in the chest (angina), arm or below the breastbone
- discomfort radiating to
the back, jaw, throat or arm
- a fullness, indigestion
or choking feeling (may feel like heartburn)
- sweating, nausea,
vomiting or dizziness
- extreme weakness,
anxiety or shortness of breath
- rapid or irregular